Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to The Square Shaped Room

After getting one of those "HEY. THIS IS A SIGN. SEE ME!" kind of happenings. My TiVo, my child, randomly recorded an episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. One episode. The episode for which this blog is named "The Square Shaped Room". In this episode, Lou hires Rhoda (at Mary's suggestion) to redecorate his living room as a surprise to his wife. It's worth a watch. I've always identified with Rhoda, rather than Mary. My apartment may not be quite as tiny as Rhoda's at 119 North Weatherly but it's small and I love it desperately.

This blog, welcomes all, but to start I'm choosing to send to my friends and family that aren't in my day to day life (and those that are!) because - let's face it, it's hard to keep in touch and stay updated. I also recognize that this all will be over in a blink of an eye and I'll be living somewhere else. So, this is a time capsule if you will. Enjoy!

Here is a video I took the first day I moved in, while it was completely bare. I haven't watched it. Sorry that it's shaky (it must be) and please don't mind if I say something strange. Or talk in an accent at some point. You'd be surprised how easily it happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment